Friday 16 October 2009

Tv Nibble: Fallen Out With Fringe

Ok, so it took me a week to watch it and I only did so to avoid having to watch two at some point. I’ll be honest the teaser had be intrigued.

However, after that, the show devolved to it’s usual self. Olivia was dull and whiney, even Charlie, who has arguably the most interesting role on the show at the moment was decidedly dull.

The dynamic between Walter, Peter and Astrid is certainly much more interesting to me than the actual story. Sure we got plenty of answers this week about what happened to Olivia when William Bell whisked her off to another dimension. We learnt a little of the goals of the shape shifting soldiers but really not enough to keep me interested.

Even the final demise of Charlie Francis was ultimately dull, we knew from the outset of the episode that Charlie, or the shape shifter that had become Charlie would be dead within the next few episodes and once the writers pitted him against Olivia there could only be one out come. A poor exit for one of the better characters in the show.

All that said, I think I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, just one more time… If only for Walter’s sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails