Friday 20 November 2009

Tv Nibble: It’s the End of the World as We Know It!

I hate to say I told you so… but… This week’s episode of Supernatural “Abandon All Hope” ended exactly how I predicted snapshot(1)last week, well… pretty much.

Like the last two episodes, this too was awesome, really old school feel to it. I was ecstatic to see Alona Tal was back (possibly the most beautiful girl on the planet?) along with Samantha Ferris as Ellen and Supernatural newcomer Mark Sheppard (Firefly, BSG and Dollhouse). However I did spend the last twenty minutes of the episode regretting Alona’s appearance, rocking back and forward in my chair and muttering “You can’t kill Jo…”

And of course, as we already knew, it was all in vain! The colt cannot kill Lucifer. This wasn’t a surprise considering that this was only episode 10. However, it did annoy me slightly that Sam and Dean didn’t realise the colt would do no good. Firstly it was rebuilt by Ruby, using whatever process she used to create her knife. At the start of season 4 Dean rammed Ruby’s knife, up to the hilt, into Castiel and he didn’t even flinch, so the brothers should have known what would happen…

I know they “had to try” but why did they have to drag Jo and Ellen into their fools errand. Come to that, why did Jo have to save Dean… She could have just let the hellhounds eat him! I honestly don’t know if I can cope with the loss of Dollhouse and snapshot(2)Alona Tal all in the same month, it’s all just too cruel!

So where do we go from here? The only viable option seems to be that Sam and Dean accept their roles as vessels for Michael and Lucifer and fight to the death… Answers will be coming soon, only on the CW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails