Friday 6 November 2009

Tv Nibble: They Came in Peace…

I can’t be the only one wh0 was underwhelmed with ABC’s new series V. Yesterday I wrote 10 reasons why we needed a new alien invasion show on the airwaves, but after watching V I’m not so sure.

When I first heard about the show, way back in the spring, I was really excited for two reasons. The first was Morena Bacarin, for too long has this beauty been absent from our screens, but V hacked off her hair and turned her intellect and wit into a dull drone. The second was Alan Tudyk, who played the excellent Wash in Firefly and the even better Alpha in Dollhouse. And Alan did manage to get off a few good lines before his character was axed, without so much as a good death scene.

Ok, so the two main reasons I tuned in were a bust but I didn’t  hate the show, I will certainly keep watching, but considering this was a pilot for an alien invasion show, very little happened. A minor skirmish and a news interview are hardly the most exciting ways to open a series and certainly not a patch on what we were shown in the trailers.

Hopefully next week will be a little more action orientated and please, whatever you do, ABC, please let Anna grow her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails